Wednesday, January 30, 2008

wow! actual knitting content!

Just to prove that I still knit, I present the finished Black Watch socks:

sorry for the crappy picture, this colourway is hard to photograph at 6am. My standard, mindless, toe up, short row heel sock, with 2x2 ribbing at the top. Hubby is happy and is wearing them today.

I've started another pair, using Mama-E's CY*E*BER FIBER in the Gregory colourway. THese are for me, and I'm just past the toe:

can I tell you how much I love these colours? Chocolate brown and teal-y blue together - yum! But... I may rip these back to the toe. I may stray from my basic sock formula and try something new. It's not like anything is trying to change my mind...

...I'm just sayin' that I may want to change how I do things a bit...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look great!!

Needles said...

I keep reading about this book, and they way Cat Borhi thinks about socks. The architectures idea intrigues me, but at the same time, I'm as sure as shootin that I am not ready for the book yet. One day though.

If you are going to play, its always better to play with your you love isn't it?

Unknown said...

I have that book and as much as I normally just skip all the intro bits and go straight to the patterns I think that I might reign in the ADD and baby-step through the tutorial baby socks.
I don't usually need to understand what I'm doing to just follow the directions and do it but this is so far off of the normal, plain-Jane socks that I do that I am willing to suck up my pride and humbly work the program.

Any day now ...

Saren Johnson said...

Socks look good. (Even at 0600.)

Sorry for your loss.

Carol said...

Yup, chocolate brown and teal is a great combination. I keep seeing it in stores and drooling.