Monday, January 21, 2008

and the winner is...

Needles!

good strategy, waiting back, then pouncing! - remind me to never go to Vegas with you - you'd hover around and snag the jackpot...

You guys kill me! I expected around 2-1/2 weeks before I'd reach 1,000 comments- you guys did it in about 4 days!

As promised, all the other commenters from the Friday January 18th post went into a hat:

(notice the lovely "We Might be Pirates" hat!)

My son drew out a name:

and Nancy it is!

so Nancy wins whatever Needles doesn't take (choker or yarn)


Very cool - Now I just hope you'll all stay around, reading and commenting. I'ts nice to get the feedback, knowing that people are somewhat interested in my blathering. (Or, just reading to kill time until Stephanie or Franklin posts again...)


Needles - send me your mailing address and whatever your choice is - Choker or Yarn to curlerchik AT yahoo DOT ca - Nancy - no need - I'll give it to you next time I see you!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Never underestimate the power of knit-blogging!

Anonymous said...

I told ya, Wannietta!! That prize is mine!!!!
Now I just have to decide whether I hope Needles chooses the choker or the yarn...

Nancy

Anonymous said...

And please make sure you tell your son a great big thanks from me - he is an awesome picker!!!
Nancy

Needles said...

You're kidding right. Surely you jest. I winned?

Smokin'!!!!!!!

I never win anything. I have a long history of never winning anything. I suck at winning. I am so completely blown away.

May I please have the yarn? Unless Nancy covets the yarn as I do. I covet all kinds of yarn. Email is on the way.

I must go now and jump for joy!

Unknown said...

No worries - I'm all about the enabling/helping! Congrats Needles & Nancy!!

Anonymous said...

What did I tell ya?? Missed by three AND Anonymous Nancy was the first commenter of that day's blog and I was the last...I sense the Knitting Gods hard at work, listening raptly to Lady Luck who hasn't been in my court lately--but then she was there for quite awhile so I really am a goose for complaining.

And Needles response to winning re: possibly giving up her desire because someone else may also lust after the same item seems to reflect a very similar reaction that the Tsock Tsarina was relating on her blog the other day (telling the story of how she hooked up with Jennifer of vanCalcar Acres). I sense a study of knitters reactions to yarn conundrums coming on...

All this blathering is really a preamble to repeating my plea for details about the choker--have tried Earth Faire but I cannot find anything there and Brenda Franklin has a pattern --Bugle Loop necklace--is that the right one? Have to say I think your colourway is superior to the one pictured and I would love to know where I can find me some metallic beads like yours---mmmm, yummy!