Friday, January 04, 2008

the nicest compliment, times two

My husband was at his brother's last weekend. His weekly poker game (every Monday night, same group of guys since HIGH SCHOOL*) got moved to Friday because of the Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve thing. Since it was their annual holiday game, there is usually alcohol involved, and I told him to stay over at his brother's to avoid the 45 minute drive home. Brother and SIL were happy to have him stay. In the morning, Hubby is getting coffee and noticed SIL was wearing the beaded choker I had gifted her with at Christmas:

(this is me wearing it, before gifting)

Compliment Number One:

Hubby noticing it, and remembering that I made it. And saying to J - "I think that's the nicest necklace Sandra made. You lucked out." This was relayed to me by SIL by phone later in the day. Seriously, Could you just KISS that man? For noticing it on J, and for remembering it in progress! I love my husband.

Compliment Number Two:

the fact that J was wearing it on a "stay at home, nothing really planned, kind of day". I asked her where she was going, since she was wearing a beaded choker. "Nowhere. I just love it, and wanted to wear it. It looks great with my black turtleneck."

She is SO getting something great next year...

*It was part of wedding vows that Hubby gets to play poker every Monday night. It's the same core group of guys - 6 of them - from high school. There have been some additions to the group, and one guy even plans his business trips from Texas, where he now lives, to include a Monday night stayover, and Tuesday morning return flight.

4 comments:

deirdre said...

Sounds like both the hubby and SIL are keepers - so nice to be appreciated!

And I have to agree - that necklace is my favourite by far of almost any beaded ones I've seen... may have to break down and make one myself at some point...

Needles said...

That is so sweet!

I had to laugh at the wedding vows including poker. Ours are that mr needles wanted me to know that he was a hunter and fisherman, and that they played a very big role in his life, that it was part of who he was, and on my side that I never ever had to cook Sauerkraut, and he would take me to Disneyland on our honeymoon. I got the better of the deal. He's too busy at work to get out much and I still don't have to cook kraut.

Christine said...

Sandra,

That's a beautiful choker! And how wonderful that your DH noticed it and remembered you working on it. He's definitely a keeper!

Carol said...

Hubby gets serious brownie points for that one!