Thursday, January 10, 2008

save us from fashion designers...

Honestly? I don't know (nor do I want to know) who designed this. (Sorry for the crappy picture - I grabbed it from MSN...) I know runway stuff is meant to be extreme, and out there, and not for the masses. But this is just insulting. I mean, really! no knitter in her right mind would do this - what a waste of yarn! And those needles? what, 50mm? You're just asking for hand cramps...

In other news - I got nothin'. After showing you everything I'm working on yesterday, I've kind of set myself up for boring updates of these projects. Maybe I need to start something new. You know, just to keep you all interested and coming back...

6 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

You need to go visit Rose-Kim Knits. Thursdays are for "What the Hell are This"?! Some of them are just out there.

Carol said...

I guess we are supposed to deduce trends from the extreme crap designers sometimes do. So, does this mean big, boyfriend type sweaters are back in?

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it got people thinking about knitting! Looks like the person making them used whole balls of roving for each strand.

katrynka said...

Unreal sweater!!

And I LOVE the slick way you are trying to justify casting on for another item!!!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me that a 95 pound model can look like she's 300 pounds! And what's up with the furry ankles?

Janis said...

It looks like she's wearing a tea cosy. In fact, it looks like the first tea cosy I ever made. Looks like the designer's been getting inspiration from old Patons books.

And yeah, I second the WTF with the shoes.