Thursday, January 24, 2008

ding dong...

(**Note - the following must be sung to a certain tune from the Wizard of Oz...)

Ding Dong, the job is dead!

Which ole job?

The wicked job!

Ding Dong, the wicked job is de-e-e-a-a-a-d-d-d-d!



Is this what you think it means? YOU BETCHA! I quit! I'm outta here. (unfortunately, no I did not win the lottery.
I'd like to just walk out today, but I can't. I have given 2 weeks notice. As much as I hate this place, and it's poison atmosphere, I can't leave them in the lurch. I've got to train someone to do what I do.
They are not happy with me. To the point that I am being ignored. Our HR person knew of my resignation at 9:00am yesterday (I talked with my supervisor, and he told her). I have still not heard a thing from her. The owners have not even acknowledged me. Whatever. I am taking the high road - I'm here, and training and tying up loose ends.

I'm taking a week and a bit for myself before I start something new. (My old boss came through - I'm going to the same company he's now at!) Not reporting directly to him, but in a great position, with some great people. Nobody here knows of this. My current supervisor accused me of going with the old boss and said "we can find out". Fine. I'm beyond the petty games. I told them that if my life was that interesting, that they felt the need to keep tabs on me, then go ahead.
Other than doing some training and clearing off some outstanding issues, I guess I'll be reading some blogs for the next couple of weeks! I don't think I'll knit at my desk - that may be pushing it. Although, what are they gonna do? Fire me?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best news I've heard all day!!!!!
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad for you!!!!!!!!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

You think you're happy now, wait awhile and see how really good you'll feel about leaving the toxic environment and you'll wonder why you waited...well yes the reality of needing a job to go to might be overlooked but in my years of job hopping I always found when one door closed (whether or not by choice) there was always another door opening--sometimes it just took a bit longer to see it. And yes, the high road is always the better one to take--strategy and all that. Congratulations and best wishes for the new job.

Cheers, Barbie O.

Saren Johnson said...

Good for you!!

PS. You don't *hafta* train your replacement. You will because you're nice. : )

Anonymous said...

As Mamacate would say, Woo! and also, Hoo! Excellent news, my friend. Excellent news indeed. Congratulations.

TracyKM said...

How exciting!! I hope the new job brings the right kind of excitement and fullfillment! Hubby wants a new job, but it's SO hard to give up the current paycheck!

Needles said...

Isn't it nice, when you feel you can stand tall again?

A hearty 'good on you mate' 'way to go' and best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Where you are going, I know they are good donors, so that's an excellent sign. I knew you would do it!! And as for the 'we can find out', what kind of a dumb ass threat is that? Who cares, right?

Unknown said...

Congrats Sandra!!
And what are they going to do it they "find out" where you're going? Sour grapes man.

Susan said...

Congratulations! I was hoping your comment the other day was alluding to a new job! Now, ...me next?!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Best of luck to you.

Janis said...

Yay! Congrats! The best thing I ever did was quit the job I hated. I totally understand that "poison atmosphere" thing; it's so hard to want to get up to go to work every day when you know how awful it's going to be. Leaving is the best thing ever. Good luck on the new job!

deirdre said...

Oh, that's great, Sandra! I am looking forward to how you feel in your new, non-toxic digs... congratulations!

Carol said...

Good for you! I have been in that position and you will feel sooooo much better!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO, GIRL !