Wednesday, January 16, 2008

the honeymoon's over...

Yeah, I was in love. We all seem to start out that way - rose coloured glasses and all. Now? Not so much. Now, it's become hard. Sigh. We were so right for each other - it was perfect. Then the little things start bugging you*. These compound until you can't even be in the same room, let alone treat each other in a civil manner. I tried to convince myself that it would be okay, and things would return to the idyllic state at which we started. But there's only so much compromise I'm willing to do, especially when I get nothing in return.

So, it's over. No trial separation, nothing. We're going our own ways.








So long, Garnstudio sweater.

But... I've never been one to be alone for long - I've already found another. And in the first bloom of a relationship, I really think this one's going to be for life.
(American Safari Hoodie from the Winter 2007 Knitscene magazine) Picture it in a taupey-beige, slubbed silk-wool blend, with longer sleeves... It's perfect, it's a lifelong committment... at least until it forgets to refill the toilet paper roll...

*the little things that bugged me? All the psso's. Hate 'em. And the YO and psso combinations were looking sloppy. I think this yarn needs to be knit at a slightly tighter gauge, or in a different pattern. Also, as much as I try to convince myself otherwise with patterns like this - I'm not a lover of short sleeved lacy sweaters. And they don't really suit me. I think the Safari Hoodie will be much better, especially with more sleeveage.
For those that know and may have been worried about the Hubby? No need - he's fine. He's gotten over his "I have enough wool" attitude. I think the new Jitterbug sock yarn I brought home may have softened him a bit. I'm keeping him. Really, it's so hard to train a new one - they don't frog as easily as sweaters... But I'm still working on training him to refill the toilet paper roll. Just ask Stephanie...
And it looks like I may hit 1,000 comments sooner than my spreadsheet formula says, especially if you guys keep going at the rate you were yesterday. Not singling anyone out, cough*Wannietta*cough... ;)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, at least I stopped while it was still funny!!!

TracyKM said...

Yeah, I don't picture you as a lacy top kind of gal. I really like your new choice.

Anonymous said...

It was funny, Wannietta.
Love this new project. Very elegant. No point in knitting something you aren't really enjoying. Go Brave, and tink!!

Jo-Anne
(not really anonymous - I just can't seem to sign in any other way)

Anonymous said...

Love the Safari hoodie!! Love the choker!! Don't love the guys with toilet paper issues!!! I have one of those here!

Saren Johnson said...

Poor sweater, there was so much knit on it.

Carol said...

The safari hoody looks really sharp. Hope you like knitting it up!

Carol said...

p.s. Is this the winning comment?

Carol said...

sorry, didn't mean to pull a Wannietta.

Carol said...

No, really. Oops, damn. did it again.

ikkinlala said...

I think the hoodie will look really good, especially with longer sleeves.