Tuesday, January 08, 2008

stash and the significant other...

Carol left me a comment yesterday in reply to my finding forgotten items in my stash:

"...if you don't remember what you have in your stash...maybe you should invite me over to 'shop'????? According to my hubby, that's "too much stash".

It seems my husband feels the same way. 99% of the time, he never says a word about the stash, except to pick out his sock yarns. So this exchange when we were reorganizing the living room (around his new toy - the TV), and I discovered some of son's toys hidden away in an end table, was surprising:

Me: "Hey, here's son's LeapPad! I wondered where that had got to. Maybe we'll give it to a friend, since Son has no interest in it. And look at all this space! (it's a cube type table with a lift off lid - very roomy). I could store lots of my knitting here".

Him: "No more wool storage! Isn't there enough wool in this house?"

Me: Blink. blink. "Seriously? You think there's enough? Really?"

Him: "There's wool or magazines or books about wool in EVERY room of this house. Don't you thing that's enough?"

Me: "No. No I don't."

Him: "You're going to store wool in there, aren't you?"

Me: "Yes, Yes I am." (and little does he know, I'm not taking if from other rooms. This is where the stuff I buy from The Knitter's Frolic in April, and other places, is going.) Enough wool in the house, my ass. Steph, can I send him over to talk to Joe?

3 comments:

Needles said...

I'm stocking up while the household still has two really good incomes. It just seems logical. It's my way of saving for a rainy day, and mr. needles is noticing the bins. He hasn't said anything yet, but I expect he will probably golf more this year. I just hope he is saving up for it.

Anonymous said...

Excellent logic, Needles!!! I love it!!! I wonder if my husband will? (Somehow, I doubt it!)
Nancy

Saren Johnson said...

Thankfully Grilltech doesn't say much about the stash around the house. Course, I don't say much about the brewing supplies either. Win-win!