Thursday, January 03, 2008

oops...

This is what happens when your newspaper delivery person tosses your paper in an unfamiliar spot, you don't see it, it snows heavily, and you run over the paper with a snowblower:

If there was anything interesting on the front page of the Toronto Star on January 1st, please let me know...

Other than that, we spent much of the day on the 1st digging out from yet another snowfall. It's cold today, yet in a week, we are expected to see temperatures of 13C! I don't get it.

New Years Eve was spent at home, just the three of us. We had planned to have friends over, but the flu hit their house and they opted to stay home. We had a nice dinner, played some games, watched some movies, and saw in the New Year as a family.

I got some knitting done - finished off one of the Selbuvotter mittens:The colour is really washed out here - the green is much more vibrant. These are somewhat snug -they fit, but I'm hoping blocking will give me a little more ease. And yes, I will cast on the second one shortly! I love the patterning of the Selbu mitts and plan more of them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, sooooo nice! I love those.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous mitts!!!
Nancy

TracyKM said...

LOVE the mitten!

belvedere beads said...

i stumbled onto your blog and your mitten is incredible! i am utterly impressed.

Carol said...

sure coulda used those pretty mitties here yesterday!