Tuesday, January 15, 2008

a new home for the beaded choker

I blew off some work today (it was one of THOSE days, people were annoying me and I needed to get my mind elsewhere...) so I took a look at my comment stats.

I have over 900 comments. Which is close to 1000. If I average a little over 3 comments per day and I blog 5 days (or so ) a week, that means in about 2 weeks or so (if all else remains equal), I should hit 1,000 comments.

What do you think? Should this be a contest? How would you this as a prize?
I'm thinking that as a prize for commenter 1,000, I'd send them the beaded choker. or yarn, if they'd prefer. Whatever prize Commenter 1,000 doesn't choose (yarn or choker) I'll randomly pick someone who comments on the same day. (random as in all names of commenters will go in a hat (knitted, of course), and my son will draw one), and they will get the other prize.
Hand Dyed Merino sock yarn - 380 yards. I used this for my FIL's socks this past Christmas, and he has said they are his favourite to date. (And he's picky about his socks - he has foot issues, and can't have anything too rough.) It's a somewhat solid denim blue - just enough variegation to make it interesting, but would be lovely in the Monkey or Pomotomus type patterns. Hmmm, maybe I don't want to give this away...
But I will!

So to recap - I'm expecting comment number 1,000 soon. The person that leaves the 1,000th comment gets their choice of choker or sock yarn. A random choice of the comments left on the same day gets the other prize. Sound good?

11 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Wow, that's a great contest prize.

deirdre said...

So generous - as I have been seriously coveting the choker, I will of course have to either time my comments, or break down and make one for myself...

hmmm...

Carol said...

Prizes? Did hear prizes? Count me in!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great contest!

Unknown said...

Am I #1000 yet?

Unknown said...

What about now?

Anonymous said...

Back off Wannietta - that prize is mine!!! ;)
Nancy

Anonymous said...

That's very beadalicious!

sandra said...

Well I couldn't resist this one especially my namesake!!

katrynka said...

Another contest already! You are so generous. I would have to choose the yarn if I were the lucky one.. although I am NOT trying to be greedy, as I did just win previously!
Because my neck is a bit.. shall we say....pudgy!

Anonymous said...

Temptress! You know how I LOVE your beaded creations. I'm normally just a lurker. Now, you'll get lots of comments!
Aurora Lurker