Monday, January 07, 2008

knit from stash? Moi?

Well, it seems that I do knit from stash occasionally. This time it's because I found a stash of Garnstudio Drops Silke Tweed that I had bought on sale and promptly forgot about. A nice discovery, when I was looking for something else. (I now can't remember what I was originally looking for. Figures.)
I had 4 colours of the Silke Tweed - 9 balls of beige (probably colour 08), 9 balls of a flecked dark grey (probably colour 09), 4 balls of mustard (definitely colour 12) and 1 ball of green (either 07 or 18). I know, a odd lot, but I'm pretty sure I bought out all of Tove's stock when she had it on sale.
I also know that Garnstudio has an extensive cache of patterns available on their website, organized nicely by type of yarn, or type of pattern, or whatever. I selected the Silke Tweed section and was faced with a choice of 133 patterns! (Okay, now I know why I can't remember what I was originally looking for - I spent two hours fondling Silke Tweed and matching it up to patterns.)
The beige is going to be this (pattern # 64-17):

Sorry, did I say going to be? It has already started becoming...

The remaining grey, mustard and green may become this (pattern # 61-16):


This is not a definite, but I think it's a great use for the colours.

Who knew knitting from stash could be so much fun? It's almost like shopping without spending money?

I wonder what's buried the the back closet... must go shopping, I mean, looking...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, 'shopping' from the stash can be a gold mine!

Carol said...

Lovely projects. Although, if you don't remember what you have in your stash...maybe you should invite me over to "shop"????? According to my hubby, that's "too much stash". Right. Sure, honey, whatever.....

Anonymous said...

sigh... lovely choices...
I don't like anything I'm knitting right now so I am deeply jealous. But then again, I don't feel inspired by anything I have to knit right now (and I got LOTS!), so I think I'm just suffering from stash envy.
Nancy

Cindy G said...

Ooh, I like both of those. Yay for stash diving.