Monday, January 14, 2008

scratch one off the list...

This past weekend went by far too fast. Saturday was a day for errands, and it seemed every store I went into had one cashier and 400 customers lined up. Oh well. I got everything done, we had the in-laws up for dinner, and enjoyed a couple of bottles of nice Australian Red.

Sunday was laundry - both getting the clothes clean and mucking out the laundry room, which doubles as my sewing room.

I should explain - Hubby and I are in the midst of a major purge of the house. We both have pack-rat tendencies, and rather than passing that on to the child, we decided to get rid of stuff. The plan is to empty the house of our useless stuff, then start some renos - minor stuff like painting and new trim, as well as a bathroom redo or two. Goodwill is our new best friend these days. Yesterday saw them receive 3 large clear garbage bags of baby clothes, as well as 3 of the same size bags of sewing patterns. Yes, I purged the patterns! It was funny - a real walk through the ages. Man, I liked the big shouldered look in the 80's! I should have taken pictures of some of the more classic bad taste looks. but alas, they are gone. The result is a room that while unfinished, and in a basement, is infinitely more comfortable and pleasing to spend time in. So I celebrated by buying new fabrics to sew! And I forgot to take pictures of them! Soon, I promise.

But... I did finish one of my WIPs - and I even added a chain...
The metallic beaded choker is done! I love these - the most tedious part is stringing the beads, but once that's done, it a really simple knit.


I love the mix of beads - all metallic colours - silver, gold, pewter, bronze and copper.

I think it will go with everything. However, I may not be keeping it - it may have a special home sometime soon...

5 comments:

Needles said...

Oh my, I love the colours. Warm metallics are my favourite things.

Carol said...

Lovely bronzy colour! The shine is really eye-catching.

Saren Johnson said...

Love those colors. I like the bronze, copper colors.

TracyKM said...

That's gorgeous!
Have you considered Freecycle? I'd love to see a big bag of sewing patterns posted in our group! Usually the receiver picks up, so you wouldn't even have to stop purging to go out :)

Christine said...

Sandra,

Your bead work is amazing! I got my prize yarn today, and the stitch markers you made and sent with it are just beautiful (The yarn is wonderful, too!). You have sooo much talent, girl!