Monday, August 27, 2007

what I did this weekend...

First off, thank you for the kind comments about Jilly. It's a devastating thing, and we will all get through it, but it will never be forgotten. I hope people will remember the utter importance of organ donation and the good that can come out of a tragedy like this.

Okay, my weekend. A whirlwind of soccer playoffs and general "school's almost here" activities. We were at the soccer fields for much of both days for Son's soccer playoffs (lost in the semi's, but they played great, and walked off the field with heads held high - we had some fabbo coaches this year.) I did NO knitting at the games - SO unlike me! But the games were exciting, and much cheering was going on.


However, there was some off time, and while Son and Husband were getting caught up with their Playstation playing, I turned the heel of my Shelridge sock, and got up to the ribbing of my Dancing sock:

These two are now my travel knitting - they come to work with me, etc. so that I can work a few rows whenever, and I don't have to worry about shaping or anything like that.

The Shelridge up close:

I love this stuff - 100% superwash merino, and great colour combinations. I think Hubby is eyeing these - I may surprise him and actually give him a finished pair for Christmas (he usually gets the "two balls of wool and a promise of socks later" gift).

And surprisingly, I dipped into the stone beads, and cranked out some more jewellery. (Like anyone is surprised by this). These are destined for Christmas presents this year - if I can let them go:

Just look at the stones up close...

Yeah, I'm going to need a 12 step bead-reduction programme soon...

4 comments:

Carol said...

wow! that's an impressive pile of knitted up beads! and how long is your Christmas list, anyways?

Anonymous said...

They'd look good on the wrist in multiples. Red and turquoise together, oh yeah...

Anonymous said...

Oooooh - I share your fascination by small, shiny objects! I bought the needles at Tove's a week ago so I'm looking forward to cranking out some of my own.

TracyKM said...

How did I miss that the Shelridge Farm stuff was superwash? Oh dear, Kitchener is coming up soon. The SF socks I made this spring had a little washing machine accident. They are nice and thick and cozy now though....but I didn't have a foot reduction surgery...