Friday, August 10, 2007

an FO to end the week


Another FO!

A simple scarf - based on Amy Singer's Montego Bay pattern. Since this is a much thicker yarn, I cast on only 25 stitches. It's my go-to scarf yarn - Noro Silk Garden. I love this stuff for scarves! (I have three - The Harlot scarf, the Argosy scarf and now this). I think this one is my favourite - I love love love the colours - lots of greys, greens and blues, with enough brown tossed in to match my coat. Here's a judiciously cropped shot of it being worn - sorry for the blurriness - it's tough taking your own picture in a mirror! The overall length is just over 6 feet, so this is doubled, and the ends drawn through the loop. I love wearing scarves this way, and I love how the greens are front and centre - they're my favourite.


I used 3 balls of Noro Silk Garden - about 2 and a half for the actual knitting, then I cut the rest for fringe, and didn't use it all.
Heading north tonight, but just Son and myself. Hubby is stacked up at work (major contract due in September). I don't expect to see much of him this month, so I am back to single parenting. The only drag about this weekend is losing the 5 hours of knitting time I get while I am a passenger. (2.5 hours each way). Oh well. Small price to pay for getting to sit by the water all weekend...

3 comments:

Carol said...

I'm jealous. Sitting by the water all weekend.....

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarf! Hope you guys are currently sitting/playing by the lake as I type this.

Anonymous said...

Your Montego Bay scarf in Noro Silk Garden is Fabuloso! I just breezed right by that pattern when I got my Summer IK, but seeing it in the Noro on your blog has me in love with it...off to find a sale on silk garden.