Tuesday, August 28, 2007

my son... I think I'll keep him...

So I'm out with the child, getting some stuff for school. We're shoe shopping - he needs a pair of shoes for school and he needs basketball shoes for his league that starts up soon. Here is where he needs the specialized shoes - both his Dad and I played, and our ankles all show the resultant damage or poor shoe choices early. (We learned, and now I always buy the right shoe for the job. Of course, I also rock the high heels. Sue me.) Son gets the good quality high tops to try and ward off the problems we had. While out, we pop into the store next door for some pants and shirts. We're wandering around looking at things. I grab a cotton knit sweater to look at and ask him what he thinks. No shit, this is what he says to me:

"Why would you buy me knit stuff? I live with the best knitter in the world. You, Mom."
I love this kid.

And look who made a return visit to my morning commute!! Different spot, same balloon...

Who hot air balloons at 7 in the morning?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool that he said that to you, especially a kid of his age and especially a boy. You are obviously raising him to appreciate the finer things in life and to express that appreciation - it gives me the warm fuzzies. Cherish him.

Anonymous said...

Now, that's a kid! And love that balloon. So twisted in its own special way.

Carol said...

Awwwww.

As for who hot air balloons? Well, Mr. Peanut does, of course! LOL

Unknown said...

What a sweetie!!

I hang my head in some shame as I bought Amanda a sweater at Old Navy. Her answer was "Well, you always knit my things last!" That being said, she extra-appreciates anything that I do knit for her!!
And, to my credit, I made sure that the thing was knit in pieces and not "cut & sew". I won't even pay $2 for a serged sweater.

Anonymous said...

Children are the wind beneath our wings
may we always soar.

deirdre said...

Kinda makes the stretch marks worth having, doesn't it??

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy!

Unknown said...

My daughters drop hints, my son just blurts out "so, how's my sweater going Mom?" Gotta love those boys!

When we were in Albuquerque last summer, we were woken at 6:00 a.m. by noise in the parking lot as a team put a hot air balloon into the air. We, in turn, woke our then five year old son to join us in watching the process. My DH took great pics of the process and our son's face.

Sharon Rose said...

Hot air balloons go up *most frequently* in the early morning because that's when the air is still. With no real propulsion or directional control, you are at the mercy of the wind in terms of travel... So dawn is good. And pretty. :)