Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ravelry, and question answered

Ravelry. I'm in. And I have done nothing about it. I know it's a huge time suck, and if I had the time available to suck, I'd be all over it. But I know I don't, so I'm ignoring it right now. (la la la la la la, I can't he-e-e-a-a-a-r you...)

I have to set up a Flikr account first, then I know I'd dive right in and not come up for air until sometime in November.

soon... soon...

Lynn left me a comment yesterday, and wanted to know if I had any teenage boys on my Christmas list, and what do I knit for them.
Remember I said my nieces and nephews (with one exception) love the hand knits? Meet the one exception - teenage boy. I have made him a Harry Potter scarf, because he asked for it, and I have never seen it worn. (I even made it in a cotton-silk blend, because of his "wool allergy". Please. Amy Singer has a wool allergy - he's just picky.) There are a couple of other teenage boys (sons of friends), and I have been successful with a chulla hat - the Andean type hat, rustic wool, ear flaps, long pom pom and ties hanging down. One guy loved his so much he hugged me! In public! And he's a teenager! Sweet. So Lynn, your best best is to maybe hang out at the mall and look at what their wearing, I guess. Or come right out and ask them. And tell them to be honest. Last year, nephew got an I-tunes card and some movie passes. He was happy, I was happy, and time I would have spent on something for him was spent on something for someone else. Good all around.

Without going into too much detail - keep your fingers crossed for me for the next couple of days. I'm hoping for good things...

I'm also hoping to re-acquaint myself with my camera soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

When you have a minute or two to waste, look me up. "Wannietta" Yeah, I know, but at least this way I'll be easy to locate.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the insight. This is pretty much my experience as well. I think I will ask and see how that goes.

Lynn

Janis said...

Ravelry is only time consuming if you can't drag yourself away. Which I can't. But if you have willpower, or, say, a pot on the stove, you might be ok. Me? Not so much.

Carol said...

ravelry can be time consuming in the beginning. If you want to enter your stash and older projects. Otherwise, it's not so bad. I'm Csquared if you want to look me up....

Unknown said...

I agree with most that Ravelry can be time consuming. On the other hand I can see how it can be a great tool to organize stuff and since I'm not organized . . .

I have gotten to the point where I do not knit for anyone who will not appreciate it. My husband does not own a sweater. He does not wear scarves and the only hats he ever wears are those distributed by the local sports teams as freebies. He wears gloves only while shoveling snow or cleaning the snow off the car. Hence "no knit for him."