Friday, August 03, 2007

do over

We all have memories of do-overs, right? Mis-hit a golf ball? Do over. Bad hair colour? do-over. (Or is this last one just me? For those who know me, picture me platinum blonde. Yup - for a mere hour or so, I had platinum hair. Bad, bad choice.)



Anyway, I have to do a do-over. The first time I made one of the wristers with an over cuff, I made it a little too big. Too many decreases, and the cuff was just floppy. It didn't hug the hand the way the blue one does. I loves the colours - green is my thing - but the cuff was wrong. (And it didn't have enough beads - can't skimp on the beads!)

Hence, the do-over.

The first picture shows a truer representation of the colour, and the original cast on. If you look close, you can see the first line of increases about 5 rows above the beads - there were three more increases like this in the first two inches of the cuff - way too much!

The second picture shows the status as of last night. I cut around the cuff just above the cast one beaded row, and picked out the cast on, saving what beads I could. I didn't even bother trying to rescue the wool - unraveling KidSilkHaze? Are you crazy? I need what little sanity I have, so this was not an option. I still have plenty to do two of the tighter cuffs, and I have tons of the beads. I may actually put more beads in than just on the cast on and the cast off edges.

Someone stop me before I buy a Bedazzler...

For those in Ontario - Hapy Simcoe Day on Monday - we are headed to the cottage tonight for three days of sun and fun. It's supposed to be ridculously hot. Perfect. Lots of small project knitting. Maybe even some beaded knitting... you never know...

2 comments:

Carol said...

Pretty green! And I hope you realize that you are slowly indoctrinating me into the "cult of the bead". After your bracelet adventures, I now have that in mmy queue. And I want to add beads to something else I am knitting. AND I bought the book "Twist and Loop" which is about knitting with wire. You are a bad, bad influence....

Anonymous said...

A do-over nevef bothered me. When you do it over, it never seems to take as long as you think it will.

Love that green!