Tuesday, August 07, 2007

argh!

I hate when this happens...

Meet a ball of Knitpicks Dancing. Nice cotton blend sock yarn. It hates me. This mess took 4 hours of my life last night:I do have to admit to having an intelligent husband. He watched as I fought with this, and said nothing. Offered no advice, no help, nothing. Smart man. I probably would have killed him if he had said ANYTHING... I finally did prevail, and wound off the ball this morning. I was NOT going to lose my sanity to a ball of yarn...

We had a great long weekend at the cottage. Incredible weather, the kids were fabulous... One of those weekends where almost everything aligns for the best time. Of course, for the remainder of August, Hubby is super busy at work, and is looking at long hours, including weekends. Which means Son and I may be travelling north without him.If the weather isgoing to be like this past weekend, I can assure you, we will. I got lots of knitting done - small project stuff - mittens, scarves, socks - some finished, some started, some restarted. I'll show off stuff in the next few days. Since tonight is my Guild meeting, I thought I'd give them first glimpse tonight - enough of them read this that when we have our show and tell, they kind of tune out - you know, seen that already!

Hey Guild members - have I got big news for you tonight! Big, big news... Some that I can't announce here until someone else announces it first - which I hope she does soon, we need time to get knitting hats...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. It doesn't matter if it's a free ball of yarn, it's a matter of pride - I won't give in or give up to a ball of yarn. I'd rather spend hours unraveling it than toss it.
You can tell me your little secret - I won't tell, promise honest!!! email me - 'k?

Carol said...

I have spent 6 hours unrvelling a giant yarn knot(s)! What an effin' mess that was. I feel for you. I wih my hubby was as smart as yours. Mine keeps offering useless advice.

Anonymous said...

I too, have spent many hours of my life untangling a skein of yarn. Or two. Almost as many as I spent winding them from my knees before I got a swift. But if the end result is a salvaged ball, it's all worth it.

Janis said...

Hats it is! I think I know what you're getting at.

Sorry I missed the meeting tonight, I had a class at Serenity Knits. They have really awesome workshop classes!

I hat tangly lumps of yarn. Sometimes they make my brain just leak out of my ears.

Anonymous said...

i do feel for you, with the yarn. we've all been there.
the finished ball though looked very nice!
you've got me tempted with he bead thing, BUT do i need another obsession?
great work on Programmes!