Monday, August 13, 2007

I see the strangest things...

Now, I have a fairly benign commute. No major highways, a nice drive for the most part. But sometimes, I see the strangest things. Remember the giant Mr. Peanut balloon?

Earlier this year, I saw a giant Mr. Peanut Balloon hovering over my drive. (sorry for the crappy picture - it's hard to do so while driving. I wonder if this is considered Kinnearing Mr. Peanut?)


So this morning, it's not a giant balloon, but a traffic jam. Then comes the reason - a bridge. (or at least a section of a bridge). This was preceded by two police cars (racks flashing), two other trucks, then this, followed by two other police cars. Luckily, they were headed northbound, and I was headed southbound, so once we passed the spectacle, the pace picked up, and I still had time to get my Tim Horton's coffee before work. (I'd hate to be marked "Late" on our office attendance list...)

It's not like I don't expect to see bridges. It's just that I expect them OVER my roads, not ON them...

Knitting was accomplished this weekend. Lots of it. I would have finished another sock, but I lost 5 hours of car knitting time since I was driving this weekend. Pictures to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always feel disappointed having anticipated passenger/knitting time en route to the cottage turn into driving time! 5 hours of uninterrupted knitting time every week can translate into major FO's over the course of the whole cottage season!