Friday, August 17, 2007

Finally! pictures...

Just to prove that I have been knitting...


Three pairs of socks in progress - from left to right - the orange and green is Knitpicks Dancing - a cotton, wool, nylon and elastic blend. It's nice - a little "ropey" feeling, but then I'm spoiled by squooshy merinos like the middle one. Shelridge Farms Super merino handpainted. Sorry the picture isn't very good - the colours are lovely, and the nice thing is Shelridge also comes in solids as well. The purple is Elann Esprit and cotton / Lycra blend. This is another pair of golf socks for my friend. She's one of my favourite people to knit for - always appreciative, and wears the stuff I give her to death! I made her three pairs of these cotton golf socks last year - now she tells me when she buys a new golf shirt and the colour - "in case I want to co-ordinate anything". Of course I do - she's getting these purple ones, and hopefully a few more pairs - depends on how prepared I am for the holidays this year...

Last year I did a seed stitch cuff on these socks - this year I did my favourite fold over picot hem:
And here's the new incarnation of the merino / tussah silk blend lace weight. It's Amy Singer's Montego Bay scarf pattern (my go-to stupid-proof scarf pattern). Once blocked, this will open up nicely, and I much prefer how the colours are striping. I like it like this rather than the symmetrical criss crossing that the other lace pattern was creating.


There are still some spot available for Stephanie's talk on Tuesday for anyone that hasn't yet emailed to reserve a seat. Email Nancy at nmcinnis (st) aci (dot) on (dot) ca for a seat. The weather seems to be on our side this year - we won't be in the triple Fahrenheit digits this time around!

Tove at Needles and Knits will have books available for sale if you still need some, the store will also be staying open late for us.

Carol - how close are you to Aurora? Are you coming?

1 comment:

Carol said...

If by "Carol" you mean me...I can't come. Aurora is about a 3 hours drive and my work schedule right now is wild and wooly. Too bad...it would be fun....