Thursday, August 16, 2007

This was on MSN when I opened up this morning:
An article on helping Moms save time at home.


sorry, but this is somewhat of a crock. I can't tell you of one Mom that isn't already doing this stuff. I mean, really - "Stock Up on Replacements"? (They tell you to buy extra of things like coffee, coffee filters and toilet paper). Well, geez, and here I thought I was saving time and money by buying my toilet paper a roll at a time!

And "make your kids self sufficient" Again, most Moms do this at the right time for their kids. I'm not sure leaving a 5 year old alone in the bath is a good thing, however, but my kid has been getting his own snacks for a long time. Plus, if I'm freeing up time, it's usually because I want to spend MORE time with my kid, not less!

OK, rant over. (Man, I'm cranky this morning - I think I'm going to need a mid-morning extra run to Tim's today!)

Again, no pictures of knitting (Bad, blogger! bad, bad!) I have three different pairs of socks on the needles, as well as a lace weight Montego Bay scarf. (I ripped out the blue handpainted Grand River merino/tussah blend - I didn't like how the colours were blending. Wait! I can show you what it WAS:

see how the camel colour and the lavender were criss-crossing? I'm not fond of that. The Montego Bay pattern is working out much nicer.

I have so many socks because I want to ensure I have a large amount of potential stockinette available for Tuesday night, when Stephanie comes. Nothing worse than trying to knit in pattern whilst laughing one's ass off, and drinking beer. There are still lots of seats available - email Nancy at nmcinnis(at)aci(dot)on(dot)ca to reserve yours.

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

I like how the orange/purple cross. Makes the pattern all the more intriguing. But it's not a question of what I like... :)

Carol said...

Are there actually people out there that DON"T know these so called tips? That is seriously scary.