Wednesday, February 20, 2008

updates, updates...

I know I've talked a lot about starting a new job. But I don't really think I should be commenting on it until I get a little more familiar. One day, hell, one week isn't enough time for things to play out. I will say it is a far sight better than where I was before, but I'm not completely convinced it's the perfect place. (Is there such a thing?) Let's just say that not everything was explained up front. I am reserving judgement. But... I am finding it easier to get up in the morning, so I do enjoy it more than the last place!


In other news, sewing and knitting continues. I am knitting merrily away on the Safari Hoodie - the hood is done, and I have started the yoke increases, working towards the separation of body and sleeves. It's great TV knitting, and I am spending quite a bit of time in the evenings in front of the TV - the Scotties Tournament of Hearts is on (The Canadian Women's Curling Championship), and Team Ontario skip Sherry Middaugh is an accquaintance of mine - we played each other back in the days when I was still curling. So knitting and curling - one of my favourite combinations!

However, it seems my row gauge is a little wonky on this sweater, so there will be some math to do in the future, in order to get the sleeves to break at the right spot. It's not a major issue (yet), and I am loving how the Silke Tweed is knitting up. I've been thinking about some other projects - that black silk shrug is sounding better and better, and I'm even wondering if I should do the majority of it on my knitting machine, since it will be mostly stockinette with very little shaping. I've done one of my own design before on the machine, and it worked out pretty good. I think this may be a candidate for another one. Now to find the black silk yarn. Who wants to bet I go stash diving, and come up with something completely different?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, stash diving. Like your own personal retail store.

Hang in there with the new job. I do find first impressions tend to be spot on. The most important part is you got out of the toxic, health-threatening hole you were in before, and that says loads.

Carol said...

I have yet to find a job where everything was disclosed. The question becomes...was what was not discloed a deal breaker? hope it's not, in you rcase!