Tuesday, February 05, 2008

the last time I mention it...

The Exit Interview - what a waste of time. She read questions from a script - made notes on my answers, gave me a few minutes to make comments, and... then it was over - no harm, no foul, and nothing accomplished. Which is too bad. They really had an opportunity to glean knowledge, but they chose to gloss over any issues I had. We left as "friends" and I will end my time here at end of day Wednesday.
I will miss a number of people, and I hope to stay in touch with some - even just to find out who else is leaving! (I know of two that will hand in resignations this week - and I'm sure more to come...

But today - today is a good day - I am leaving at noon, going home to get some dinner stuff ready for my boys, and bake cupcakes for my son's birthday tomorrow, because LuckyCanuck is coming to my house and then we are going out to dinner with Sally Melville! And then Sally is coming to our Guild so we can listen and soak up knowledge and such! Exciting times! And I get to spend time knitting with other knitters - that is always good.

I also spent some time knitting last night. I bought some new sock yarn - (Yes, of COURSE I needed it...) - it's Kertzer On Your Toes 75% Bamboo / 25% Nylon. And I felt like I needed to start another sock using it. So I looked for the end. And got Yarn Barf.

You know, when your skein barfs its innards out. I hate when this happens. A little untangling, some winding, and a yarn cake was to be had. (I love yarn cakes, so winding this was not really a hardship.) I just hate Yarn Barf.

I also mentioned that I may be ripping back my CY*E*BER Fiber sock so as to use Cat Bordhi's book. Ummm, yeah. That didn't happen. I love this yarn, and I want the socks on my feet fast, so I'm just making my basic stockinette sock. And I love it.

I'll try to take some natural light pictures of it today, so you can see just how delicious the colours are.

ONE MORE DAY!

2 comments:

Needles said...

I was cruising innocently along with my early morning cup of coffee when I got to 'yarn barf'. I laughed out loud at that.

I'm sure I'll keep laughing as I wipe down my keyboard and my screen.

I SO understand this term.

(I figured that is how the interview would go. If more people leave, they will be forced to ask the questions they can't see yet. Its too bad really.)

Carol said...

Heh. yarn barf. Is THAT what it is called? I always called it frickin annoying.