Thursday, February 14, 2008

blink and you'll miss it

Is that what it looks like? A Swatch? Me? Can I ask any more questions? Yes - it is a swatch, made by yours truly, the swatch-hating knitter. I had been told that the Silke Tweed blooms and changes after washing and blocking, so I thought I had best test it out. It does change, especially the hand and the drape, so I'm glad I did it. I do need to get some needles - it seems I don't own 3.75mm needles. Off to Needles and Knits today! I am also going to the new job later this afternoon - sort of a "Welcome, here's where everything is, let's sign all the papers" kind of thing. I'm looking forward to it.

And, because I promised this picture:
From yesterday - here are the two socks I was talking about. On the right, a merino/tencel blend in "coffee bean" colourway. Yum. My husband has claimed these (or this, I guess, I still need to make it's mate), and has said that any other merino/tencel blends are his as well. Maybe I should make him explain just what a merino/tencel blend is - I'm sure he has no idea...

On the left - C*EYE*BER Fibre "gregory" colourway. Mama-E has told me that this colourway is named after her brother. Whatever the inspiration, I love it! Browns ranging from deep chocolate to mocha, and teals from intensely dark to pale-ish aqua. These are all mine!

Oh, and Carol was wondering about my Mom - she's fine. Her cardiologist wanted these tests done before her hernia surgery in a couple of weeks. She passed with flying colours. No surprise to me, but my Mom can be somewhat of a pessimist, and was already assuming the worst! So all's good on that front until the surgery itself - again, a minor procedure, but of course, she thinks she's not going to come out of it, and is reminding me where her will is and all the phone numbers. So cheerful...

Yesterday was spent shoveling more snow, (OK, can I just say it? Enough already! I love snow, don't get me wrong, but really. Enough.) running a couple of errands, and sewing and knitting. I love sewing for summer - I can blow off a couple of skirts in no time.
Since my husband and I don't really celebrate Valentine's day - such a Hallmark holiday... I will spoil myself, by doing what I want. So no cleaning or organizing today!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad to hear everything is well with mom! And can I say how much I love teal? That is beautiful yarn.