Monday, February 04, 2008

knitting and sewing and guests, oh my!

I have a guest coming on Tuesday afternoon - LuckyCanuck is coming to our Guild meeting, and since she arranged to get out of work early, she's coming by the house first to check out my new sewing machine. (I know my last day at work is Wednesday, but I had already booked Tuesday afternoon off). Lucky and I will trade sewing secrets for a while before dinner and a Guild meeting. You may ask why she is coming all the way north for a meeting - let's just say that our guest speaker for February makes the trip worthwhile! I'll have details after the meeting. Can you tell I'm a little excited about this? Not only a talk, but we get to go for dinner with her as well!

The knitting continues - The Selbuvotter mittens, after a short hiatus, are cirtually done. Just 4 more rows on the final thumb, and they will be complete. (I'll get Lucky to take a picture tomorrow.) The Mama-E CY*E*BER FIBER socks did not get ripped back - I loved them too much, and have decided the yarn looks lovely in my basic stockinette pattern. I'm at the heel of the first one.

And in the final, waning days of this job... the trash talking has already begun, it seems. My supervisor and the replacement have started trashing me, behind my back. What they didn't realize is that I have many friends here, and it has all got back to me. I mean, really! I have been nothing but professional and helpful during these two weeks, and this is what I get? I was expecting some trashing once I was gone, but geez, I'M STILL HERE! The nice thing is that others (my friends) has stood up for me, and disputed what was being said. It's nice to have friends. It's even nicer to know that in two days, I will be out of here... I'm not saying anything - the high road, remember?
Today is my exit interview - I am hoping for a constructive conversation, yet I am expecting a useless tirade. Maybe they'll just walk me out right away. One can hope...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have your personal items already packed and ready to go anyway, so let'em walk ya and wave on your way out!

TracyKM said...

I was wondering about your sewing machine. I have a 40 year old Kenmore, very basic, but I do love it (I'm a simpleton, really). Except it doesn't do a good zigzag. New machines seem either very elaborate, or very cheap and basic. I wouldn't mind a newer old machine, but wonder if I should just get with the times? LOL. We just got a DVD player before Christmas!

Needles said...

By the time you get this, (its after 2 here) you will probably done, but jsut wanted to say, kick up your heels as you go out the door.

Carol said...

If I were you I'd get a 'migraine" right at the beginning of the exit interview and leave. Why bother? The whole idea of an exit interview is to help a company improve itself. Does that sound like your ex-workplace?