Friday, February 08, 2008

bad. very bad.

Notice the backdrop of snow. That would be the reason for the brace. I bunged up my thumb and wrist quite badly yesterday - I think it was the final shoveling - you know, the one where you have to get rid of the mountain the snowplow leaves at the foot of your driveway? yeah, that one. But before the pain got to be ridiculous, I worked on Hubby's bamboo sock:
You'll notice I have deviated a bit from the basic stockinette. I'm not sure of the elasticity of the bamboo sock yarn, so I've added a bit of ribbing - and then, just becasue I can, I've decided to cable a couple of the ribs, just to keep my mind engaged. This ribbing is just on the top of the foot - I still like a plain stockinette foot bottom, but one the heel is done, I will continue the ribbing and cabling all around. Once I get back to knitting. Soon. Brace or no brace.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy! That's a bummer but like many of us, you are a trouper and vow to knit on despite any ailments.

Now, if it would just hold off on the snow on our Tuesday...

Needles said...

Oh my. You have been busy and not in a good way. Heal fast.

How do you like the yarn? What brand etc. I've got a few cotton and other yarns for socks that are next on the agenda, well after a certain lovely blue yarn is worked up. It arrived. Thank you so much.

Carol said...

Oh yeah, that snowplow pile is a real bummer. Hope you get better soon. What a way to spend your days off!

Anonymous said...

Good plan on the ribs. I made my mom a pair of socks in Bamboo yarn and they do fall down a bit. I think fully ribbed socks would have solved that problem, and I will definately rib my next pair. Thank said, they look great and I'm impressed that you are knitting while injured.

Unknown said...

I shoveled a few inches on Wednesday night, Richard blew the driveway & front walk off on Thursday and Kerwyn did the back walk and deck. I'll do a bit but if Kerwyn has to do most of it then maybe he'll cave and buy a snowblower! LOL
I hope that you feel better soon!!

Saren Johnson said...

Oh my, hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Really, really, really bad timing!!! You're supposed to do that the last week at the old job - not the week between jobs!!!
Hope you heal quickly!!!!!!!!!!!
Nancy