Thursday, February 07, 2008

first day home

Ah, sleeping in... at least to me, 7am is sleeping in - I'm usually up at 5am when working.

Got up, looked outside, and got to shoveling. 30 cm of snow. Great. At least I don't have to go anywhere for a while. But, we cleared it out, and I got boys off to school and work, now it's me, the computer, some knitting and a whole houseful of chores I want to accomplish. I have grandiose plans of mucking out a bunch of places in this house - my son's room (getting rid of outgrown clothes, culling his bookcase), the front hall closet (OMG, what a mess, plus I hate the doors), and any number of other things. Plus there's a bunch of stuff I want to sew and knit. I have about 9,000 hours worth of things I want to do, and 10 days to do it. Yeah, I can do the math. It's not going to happen. Plus, I'd like to relax and regroup, so I can attack this new job with a renewed sense of vigour. I have to learn to take time off for ME. So, on Tuesday next week, Lucky (who is on vacation), is coming up and we are yarn crawling through York Region. And probably eating way too much food while we do it... I need to force myself to just take some time to relax. I will get my Son's room done, because it needs it, and maybe get to the closet. The sewing and knitting? I will do what I want to do, so I will enjoy it. I won't force myself to produce things.

Plus, there's my Son's birthday party this weekend, and some time spent in his school, helping out, because I can for the next few days. Good times.

And, I can actually take some pictures in natural light! I should do that soon. Really, I'll get to it. Once I finish my coffee, have a shower, laze around...

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love it when I don't have to go anywhere. I get up, stay in my pj's for a while, read the paper, answer som eemail, have a leisurely breakfast etc. One of the things that society has lost, I think. Leisure. Every moment must be "accomplishing" something.

Anonymous said...

My neighbour called it a "real Canadian winter" last night. But she doesn't have to shovel the stuff! Enjoy your time off. Don't forget to check out Mary's Yarns in Unionville - there's some great coffee places there too!
Jo-Anne

Anonymous said...

That's how many yarn shops we have to visit now? SUCH a shame!! Yay!