Monday, February 25, 2008

Safari Hoodie progress

The Silke Tweed Safari Hoodie has been progressing. Time spent in front of the TV watching curling has contributed greatly to it's growth.

My row gauge, while off a bit, has been adjusted to compensate. (I've added some plain rows between the increase rows to lengthen the yoke a bit.) It's working out great, and I love how this sweater is looking. Even unblocked, it drapes beautifully, so I can imagine how nice it will be once washed and blocked. I've got about 6 more rows before I divide for the body and sleeves, and once I get closer to the waist, I'll decide if I want to do some waist shaping. The rib pattern is a K4P1, so around the waist, I may bring it down to a K3P1, if it needs it, then flare it back out again towards the hem.

While Manny the mannequin is modelling here, I did try it on myself, and I believe this could be one of my favourite summer sweaters, if all goes as it has been.
In case you were wondering about the hood - here it is. But I highly doubt I'll be wearing it with the hood up...


I've gotten a little farther on this - watching the Oscars gave me lots of time to knit on it - and have divided the sleeves and the body. After reading Stephanie today, I will see how the neckline behaves - a simple crochet row may be the finishing touch...

1 comment:

Carol said...

Looking very nice. I never see to be attracted to hoodie patterns as I know I will never use the hood part. Silly, eh?