Friday, February 15, 2008

blogging changes

Just a note to let you all know there may be some disruption in my normal blogging schedule. As most of you are aware, I start a new job on Tuesday (Monday being a holiday here in Ontario...), so I need to spend some time concentrating on that for a while. I used to blog first thing in the morning when I got to work (quite often using a post that was written at home the night before). However, in the new job, I will be working in a much more open area, and I don't think it would be a good thing to be seen on Blogger right away. I think I need to get a feel for the environment and atmosphere first. I went into the office yesterday to get the package and get a quick tour, and from what I've seen, it looks pretty good. I know the job itself is a good one - it's really tailored to my skill set and the company itself has a great rep - I just have to see about all the "other stuff". The people, and how they do things. One thing that kind of sucks - the parking is limited, so I have to park off-site, a few minutes walk away. Not looking forward to that! Hopefully that is the worst thing.

Anyhoo, today is my last day of "vacation". I plan on getting a much needed haircut, spending some time at my son's school, and hopefully getting some sewing and knitting done. I've started the American Safari Hoodie from Knitscene magazine, using the Silke Tweed. It's constructed top down from the middle of the hood. I'd show a picture, but my husband borrowed my camera this morning. I'll get a picture over the weekend. Promise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the job anything will be better than the last one
how did you like the way the silk/ blossomed when blocked?

Needles said...

Even the parking is a plus! think of it as active liveing, excersize even.

I'm warped, aren't I.

Anonymous said...

Just returned from Up North. A lot of snow up there is waaaay better than a lot of snow here with 4 million people trying to get around. Good vegetating, lots of crocheting...

Cindy G said...

Good luck on the new job. And thanks for the pizza dough tip!