Wednesday, February 13, 2008

sewing and knitting and NOT GOING OUT!

Well. I just shouted in a blog title - that's very unlike me. (I barely remember to use capitals...) But I have decided that I am staying in today. Yesterday, Lucky and I had planned on yarn crawling around York Region, snow or no snow, but I had to cancel. My Mom was having some cardiac scanning tests done, and really wanted me there with her. (You know that kind of want - "Oh no, please don't change your plans - I can take a cab or drive myself to the hospital. It's only 5 hours - I'm fine by myself" kind of wanting me there). Lucky was completely understanding, so I made my way to Mississauga, well fortified with knitting to keep me occupied. 3-5 hours, she said. Okay, well, add in waiting time and such, eight and a half mind-numbingly boring hours later, I drop Mom off at home, and race back north to get my son from the sitter. In a snowstorm. On three different highways, in various white-out conditions. Yeah, white knuckle driving at it's best. So today, it's all about the fibre crafts. I have some sewing to do:
I seem to be all about the border prints - but aren't these gorgeous? The black and yellow daisy print will be some capri pants, the other two are slated for skirts.

I also finished the green silk tank - this has a slightly different construction - it has a swing to it, because the back piece is trapezoidal in shape - extremely comfortable, and it hangs beautifully. I would have posted a picture, but trust me, no one wants to see the picture I took - nor do I want to post it. I'll try for a better one - I'll have to get someone else to take it.

Also, and quick sew pair of rayon capri pants. Where I work, business casual is considered capri pants, so I'm all about that...
(sorry for the blurriness - it's hard to take your picture in a mirror...)

some knitting to do:

(sorry, no pictures. Imagine the second brown and teal sock, about halfway up the foot, a completed merino/tencel sock, and some swatching of the Silke Tweed...)

and damn it, some groceries to get. Guess I have to go out at some point... (Normally, I could get away with a pantry dinner, but I do need wine. I figured you would all understand...)

4 comments:

Needles said...

Going out for wine isn't 'going out'. Its really just emergency preparedness.


You have absolutely no idea how much I admire you for the grace of your exit from the old life.

Please shoot me or at the very least beat me senseless if I ever attempt a 3 month exit again.

TracyKM said...

Those pants look comfy! I see those 'border' prints at Fabricland, and they look so cute, but other than a skirt I didn't know what to do with them. I don't wear many skirts. But some flowy capris would be just the thing to add to my wardrobe. Any pattern recommendations? I would need to have at least one pocket and I've never done that before. I have however, just made buttonholes!

Carol said...

I did the white knuckle drive home last night. That really sucked. Then I had to get up extra early to shovel snow so I could go to work. Blech. Hope everything turns out well for your mother.

Anonymous said...

Glad we ended up not going after all. I went out around 11 for a bit and it was bad enough that I actually curtailed that trip and went back home. Unlike me to do so, but it was not worth the fender-bender potential. Then it seemed okay and we went to Mandarin lunch buffet. What's a holiday for? Oink. Then on the way home - holy smokes!

I love that black and white fabric.