Tuesday, February 19, 2008

more weather appropriate sewing...

Again with the blurry photo. But it should show you my latest project - a somewhat more timely skirt. The plaid is more subdued than it shows, and is in tones of blue, brown and black, hence the black boots. (I love these boots - not only are they tall, high heeled and pointy toed - all my favourite things - they were seriously on sale!)

This was a great sew - it took about a day, doing some here and there between all the other stuff I do. I'm looking forward to wearing it.

I'm really enjoying the sewing. I missed it, and when I got the new machine, it really rekindled my love of it. I think it is also making me appreciate the knitting more, as well. I'm starting to think about more projects for me, rather than what I can make to give to everyone else. If this keeps up, I may have some unhappy people at Christmas!

Yes, I started the new job. No, I don't think I'm going to talk about it much - I need to spend some time there getting used to it. Thanks for all the good wishes!

3 comments:

Carol said...

I have a pair of similar boots and love them! they go well with you rskirt, too.

Anonymous said...

Smokin' with the boots! You're stylin'.

Saren Johnson said...

Cute skirt.

You'll need to tell us whether you like the new job or not.