Wednesday, February 27, 2008

K4, P1, repeat endlessly...

The Safari Hoodie continues - round upon round upon round of K4, P1. I may love the sweater, but it does not make for interesting blog fodder.

So, I look at other ongoing projects. Socks. Same old, same old.

UFO's hanging around (laceweight Montego Bay Scarf, almost finished River Rock scarf (must get at that one...), almost finished sweater for my son (must get at that one as well, he's growing again! 9 years old, wearing size 14. Geez...)

BUT! There is good news - My mom had minor hernia surgery on Tuesday, and came through it just fine. I think she's had enough surgery now. I mean really, at age 76, how many more places can they open up? (The hernia was caused by her surgery last year, when she had the bi-femoral bypass. I know way too much medical jargon...) I may or may not take a day off to be with her - it kind of depends on things around work. The nice thing is that I can now access my work system from home - the full system, not just email - very cool. Things are looking up around here - the learning curve is always difficult, but as I get more comfortable, things improve. My boss is great, very appreciative and all that, but a little scattered, and the man should be a doctor, his handwriting is so brutal! Still not completely convinced that it's the right place for me, but I may be getting closer to that.

So, as I said, not much going on on the knitting front, and since this is primarily a knitting blog, I guess that means nothing much is going on, period. I may post less often, at least until things pick up and I'm not so depressing...

2 comments:

Needles said...

You are never depressing, but perhaps you are in a new job/oldjob/late winter funk? All these changes surely stressful.

What you really need is to go find somewhere like a nice conservatory or indoor garden or even a greenhouse. Go smell dirt. Even if you are not a garden sort of person what you need is the smell of new sprung fresh green. And some bright spunky yarn shopping can't hurt.

Carol said...

I sympathize on the "doctor" handwriting. I know exactly what you mean. Argh!