Friday, July 28, 2006

Off again

After staying in town last weekend (and having Socks that Rock compared the Phentex - ICK!) we're back to the cottage this weekend. It's shaping up to be a quiet one - just the three of us, plus the in-laws. Even the neighbours won't be around! It will be remarkably strange - we are used to having friends and family around all the time up there. I wonder how we'll occupy ourselves?? Yeah right, like that will be a problem! Swimming, sunning, fishing (for the boys) knitting (for me). It's a rough life, but we put up with it...
Really spoiling ourselves this weekend - I stopped at our butcher and picked up a decadent treat - a beef tenderloin that Hubby will do on the spit - yum! Also, the Ontario sweet corn is starting to show, so we'll have a feed of that along with the beef - double yum!
I hope to show you the completed pair of Fourth of July golf socks after the weekend.
Next week I will have way more interesting stuff - Stephanie is coming on Tuesday, so that should be good blog fodder for a while...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing those socks! They are funky.

It's my mom's birthday tomorrow and that means Chinese food and birthday cake! Have a good weekend up yonder.

Anonymous said...

About Stephanie coming to visit. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Umm, I have checked the Harlot's tour page on two different computers at this point and still can't find any pertinent info beyond what's mentioned in her blog. Now that I've asked you guys to save me a seat, I'd really like to know when this shindig starts. Pleeeeeeeeeeeez 8-)
You can contact me at gwennieb@sympatico.ca

About the Phentex thing. (Shudder...) I suspect all families have folks like that in them. Mine does. It keeps your outlook, umm, balanced. Yeah, balanced, that's the word.

Cheers!