Monday, July 31, 2006

Countdown begins...

Yup, tomorrow Stephanie comes to town! Stalking is over, welcoming starts. Plus the logistics of getting her to town, as well as all the extra people we are expecting. If you are coming - please, PLEASE be prepared - it's supposed to be ridiculously hot, and we meet in the upstairs room of a heritage house, and it will be crowded. Dress appropriately (I'll be the one in denim shorts and a golf shirt!) and bring a bottle of water or something. It will be HOT! Show off your wool handknits, but please, don't wear them!
I have a lot to do before tomorrow, so this will be kept rather short. You can be assured that posts as of Wednesday, will be slightly more interesting!
I'm also hoping the LuckyCanuck allows Steph out of her car - she is threatening to keep her hostage for a while... I know firemen - I'll keep the Jaws of Life on standby...




I did get the Fourth of July socks done, and made some progress on Icarus and some other socks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say you know firemen? 911, I'm on fire!

Sandra said...

easy, girl. It's my brother in law...

Anonymous said...

Rats...

bettyboopta2 said...

Sandra,
This is severe yarn emergency. I have been trying to hold a position for 2 at least, preferably 3 for tonight's meeting. I've just had oral surgery, haven't been out of the house in almost a week, couldn't celebrate my bestest friend's B-Day Sat. & belong to 2 knitting guilds up in the Kawarthas. Is there any way I & MA can be guild members for the night???? I want to see Harlot soo bad!!!!!!! I wrote email (didn't hear back) & called the store, but they said they are full unless I belong to your guild 'cause that's all they can save seats for at the moment. Have I proved my knitting worthiness enough?? (If you need more proof, please check blog; mostly knitting: http://thecreativecastle.blogspot.com)
I wouldn't normally post my email on the Net, but we are talking desparation here (& possibly the effect of the painkiller's I was perscribed has made me more irrational than normal; MA would be embarrassed to no end if she knew I lowered myself to begging, but I have no shame.)!!!! Please write back ASAP. Thank you, you are my last chance to fullfill one of my last wishes, lol. Kym R.
bettyboop@i-zoom.net