Friday, July 14, 2006

Hello? Is anybody out there...

Now, I'm really not insecure. Well, maybe a little, but really, I'm pretty happy with my lot in life, and feel good about the contributions I make to life in general. But if you're out there and reading this, could you maybe let me know? A little comment to say hi? I'm not trying to be a comment whore, and I certainly don't want to become Stephanie with 600 comments a day (I'd feel like I'd have to reply to all of them, and then, well, I'd have to either warp the time space continuum, or give up sleeping. Physics was never my strong suit, and sleeping is way too important to me. Unfortunately, I never get enough.

So last night - one of THOSE nights. Son has soccer at 7pm. I race out of work, pick him up, we drop in at the butcher shop (decide to spoil ourselves with fabulous rib steaks and smoked salmon this weekend), get home, make him some dinner, change for soccer, go to soccer, get home around 8:30, leave son with hubby to put to bed, race out to library before it closes (they had Knitting Nature on hold for me - I want to check it out before buying...) off to the grocery store for weekend supplies, race home, start our dinner, while unloading the dishwasher.
Off to a meeting this morning - the same one where I was reamed last week - I am SO NOT looking forward to this. What I am looking forward to is going to the cottage tonight. It is already stinking hot, so I foresee a late night swim once we arrive.
I hope everyone's weekend is stellar. Enjoy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I read your blog regularly. I think you are too busy to read a lot of comments, though. I "know" you from the Knitting Forum.

Sandra said...

Hi Anonymous - I LOVE reading comments! I'm never too busy for that! I'm sure I "know" you, too.

Anonymous said...

Here's a comment - greetings from the Great White North! The vacay has been grand. My parents are having a big annual bbq tomorrow and the caterer is setting up the tent, etc. I am looking forward to tomorrow's feeding frenzy. It is roasting up here as it is in the city.

My angora mittens are almost done, but foolishly, I brought METAL dpns to use instead of the reduced set of the bamboos. It's like weights sliding out of them at every turn.

Hope you were treated humanely today! Talk to you soon. Will post mitten pics before Monday, hopefully.

And I ripped out the STR. Again.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Anonymous; I read your blog regularly, though I don't comment daily. My sympathies on the Friday At-Work Torture. Been there, had that. I don't miss it.