Friday, July 07, 2006

Me an' Wendy...

Is it wrong that I am slightly psyched by the fact that Wendy and I are knitting the same colourway of Fleece Artist sock?

(the one on the right - "seashore" colourway)
I think that's pretty cool, but to be honest, if it was Stephanie and I knitting the same thing, well then you'd have to smack me upside the head to knock the goofy grin off my face. (I will admit to some heroine worship here.)

Heading north again tonight - some serious knitting time ahead of me. One of the joys of summer is how late it stays light - we won't start our drive until around 8pm, by the time we get stuff done around the house, and it stays light until around 9:30, so there's a solid hour and a half of sock knitting time - small, mindless, so I can carry on a conversation - perfect! Saturday and Sunday - sittin' by the beach, knitting bag beside me - now that's a good use of time. Then there is the car ride back home - another 2 1/2 hours with the needles. I love the cottage on so many levels...
I should probably have some FO's to show next week - Finished objects - such an alien concept for me. I'd have a contest to see who could guess what I will finish, but considering the readership of this blog, its dead nuts sure LuckyCanuck would win!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got the e-mail about your blog, and immediately bookmarked the site and have read all posts. Will be at the august meeting, missed the last one due to soccer games. Love that your doing this, I feel bad about my lack of summertime knitting, hopefully you will inspire so I have some FO's to show and tell. Congrats and best of luck on the blog!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! You knit so fast, you could finish a million things. Hmmm. Clearly my brain is befuddled. Could it possibly be some more STR sox? Man, I'd lose this contest, for sure. I need a hint.