Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mmmm, white boxes...

OK, so I'll cop to ordering more Elann yarn. So sue me. (actually, envy me - this is some nice stuff!)

Elann Canapone 100% Hemp. To be honest, at the moment, it feels like the hard twine I use for trussing chickens, but I have been told that it softens incredibly once washed. I am picturing some of the tea towels from Mason Dixon Knitting. And yes, that is the Barbara Walker Second Treasury there - can you believe I didn't own any of her books until this point? I have a ton of books on all kinds of crafts (including those that I have no interest in pursuing). But not a single Barbara Walker. After flipping through this, I'm ready to order the set! I just have to do it in small increments - the credit card is getting a little overworked these days...

For those that were wondering about the other 5 colourways of the Elann Esprit Cotton Elastic sock yarn - here's the first white box that showed up this week:

The blue, white and red is also for my golfing buddy - the rest is not yet designated for anyone. Maybe I'll make some golf socks for moi! If I ever get out on the links again. I've gone from someone who had her clubs in the car from May until October, ready at a moment's notice, to someone whose clubs are still in the basement this year. Sigh. Seven year old son's schedule keeps me busy...

I swear, that's it for the white boxes for a while! Really...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the Elann shipments? So perfectly packaged. It's like Christmas!

As for my deck - it's all enclosed at the bottom. Getting someone to crawl under couldn't happen. Boo, hoo!