Thursday, July 13, 2006

The girl can't help it, she really can't help it...



Sigh. More shopping. No, not more yarn. These. Franklin cracks me up, and I just love the humour in these shirts. I want to be Dolores in my other life.

Other than that, not much is going on. Knitting away on the licorice allsorts socks - I'm loving the bigger yarn on bigger needles, and the fact that golf socks stop at the ankles. I've got one done and the second is halfway up the foot. I should finish these puppies on the weekend. Yup- back to the cottage for the weekend to escape the forecasted 30C (with a humidex of over 40C) For the non Celcius of the bunch - that's just DAMN HOT. At home we may have air conditioning, but what fun is there in sitting inside your house all weekend with the shades drawn, when we can sit at (or in) the lake? And yes, I know how incredibly lucky we are to have this option. Even with all the work and worry that comes with a cottage, it is a luxury that not many are able to enjoy, and we count out blessings every time we go there.
I'll take a couple of pairs of socks for variety and the brown mohair/silk scarf probably. Maybe the Fiona Ellis tank top if I can find the right needles. Maybe my bag of Briggs and Little worsted for the Mason Dixon log cabin project. The joys of having so many projects on the go - I rarely get bored...

No comments: