Thursday, July 31, 2008

just when I had about given up...

Knitters magazine draws me back in. I've avoided the past few issues, because really, no one needs to see me dressing like that. And I had no plans on wasting my precious knitting time on the crap they were showing.

But the Summer 2008 issue? I'd actually make some of these! Okay, some I wouldn't be caught dead in - Heliotrope? Oh please... But for the most part, I like the patterns. And that's saying something, considering how it was looking.

I may not subscribe, but I will check it out on the new stands again...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno....most of those are still this side of hideous. I bought one issue in the past, only for the shawl patterns. Even Interweave Knits is somehow not what it used to be. I've been skipping issues of that one, which I never used to do.

Anonymous said...

I second the I dunno....Knitter's has been relatively disappointing of late not only that late to print! The summer issue just came out! The three big ones seem to go in cycles, right now Vogue seems good, Interweave good, Knitter's ....What are they thinking? (With apologies to those who love the patterns as I appreciate that we all have our choices!)
Karen

Linda said...

I have to agree with you. I haven't bought the last few issues but I can't give up on them totally and I purchased the summer issue.I bought Vogue, too, just for the mitten patterns.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoyed reading your post. You have a nice site and a very nice way of expressing ideas.

Anonymous said...

It's an outstanding post. People like you bring a lot of fresh ideas into our life.