Friday, July 04, 2008

knitting update

I've completed one pair of socks, and I like them so much, I think I will make another pair exactly the same...


(sorry for the blurriness - I'm not that cognizant of these things at 5:30am. (And on a personal note - I don't like the fact that I see 5:30 twice a day.))

On the left is a hand dyed, incredibly soft yarn from my friend Elizabeth Fallone - not just a talented dyer - you should check out her patterns as well. My father in law is eyeing these...

On the right is another pair of the Regia Galaxy socks - Regia is a good, workhorse sock yarn - dependable, hard wearing, but to be honest, when I knit this at the same time as Elizabeth's (or other hand dyed yarns), it feels noticeably rougher. No matter, they will go into the gift box (once the mate is finished), and someone will enjoy them.

We're looking forward to a great weekend, heading to the cottage tonight, hopefully with one extra person. My nephew is the same age as my son, and the two are best friends. My older nephew has a tournament all weekend, so they were not planning on going to the cottage, so I asked if the younger could come with us - the two boys entertain themselves, and it's so much easier with two. My SIL seems a little anxious about this, so we'll see. Hopefully it's a go. Either way, we're going and looking forward to the 27C (80F) forecasted weather, with a humidex that will make it feel like 35C (95F). Ahhh, no better place to be...

To my American Friends - Happy Independence Day! Hope your Fourth is as great as our First!

4 comments:

Carol said...

I refuse to get up at 5:30am for anything. You msut hit the ahy really early to make up for that. Argh.

Anonymous said...

I love the socks!

CatBookMom said...

Thanks for the good wishes.

The socks look great, but I do understand about the Regia. I'm finding it difficult to knit with 'ordinary' sock yarn when I've been knitting the Really Good Stuff, like Dream in Color Smooshy, into scarves and shawls.

Enjoy the weekend!

Sel and Poivre said...

Taking pics of FO's at 5:30 a.m.- now that's impressive! I love the idea of a gift box of hand knits.