Friday, July 11, 2008

oops...

I bought more of the Alpaca sock yarn. I went to Needles and Knits, planning on buying one skein, enough to make a pair of socks for my FIL - he loves the handknits, and has been lobbying for a soft pair that is long in the leg. Once I fondled the Alpaca Sock, I knew I had found my yarn for him, so I just needed 1 more skein to make the socks for him, Just one. Yeah, right. You try and decide between these... The handpaint colours are fabulous, the feel of this yarn is incredible, and to be honest, I just couldn't choose between them. I originally thought the blue mix would be good for my FIL: - he's pretty traditional, but then I remembered that I made him a heathery blue merino pair last year, so I wound off the brown mix for him. I checked with my husband - he knows his father, and this colourway got the go ahead. (It's actually darker and more muted than what appears here, although the splash of turquoise is pretty accurate. Gotta shake things up a bit - I mean, FIL is 84, and you'd never know it. He looks and acts like someone in his 60's, so I keep trying to brighten up his wardrobe. This yarn is so lusciously soft, I could have used the pink, and he may have worn them...
Nah, he wouldn't. There are limits to everything, I guess

7 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

The blue is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wow,love them all! It's next on the yarn list!

Anonymous said...

Wow,love them all! It's next on the yarn list!

Sel and Poivre said...

Lucky FIL and lucky knitter to have a male recipient who's up for something a little different!

Carol said...

Go on, knit up pink socks for him. Just make sure a camera is ready when he opens the package. Should make one of those"kodak moments"!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, pretty pretty.

smariek said...

Oooh, they're all beautiful! Your FIL will love the socks. So wonderful to have family members who appreciate hand knits. I also like your green Cadenza too.