Wednesday, July 30, 2008

my first real weaving project!


20 inches wide, about 6 feet long, just over 1000 metres of Cadenza merino/silk sock yarn. I love it. It's very warm, a little stiff, but it will soften up immensely after a nice Eucalan soak. What a crappy picture of me wearing it! (I'll see what I can do to make it better)

I finished the edges with three rows of alternating knots. This may be for my friend J, or maybe my Mom. Either one would love it. This reddish pinky colour isn't for me, so I have no issues with making a Christmas gift of it.

I do enjoy the weaving. Very Much. But it will not replace knitting in my heart. I love the meditative action of knitting. The weaving is fun (and fast!), but it's not nearly as portable, nor is it as relaxing. So I am still a Knitter, and also a weaver and a sewer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! How amazing is this weaving?

Needles said...

That looks yummy.

deirdre said...

Absolutely beautiful - you are my hero...

Anonymous said...

Cadenza? The one from Artfibers? I was ogling that online just last night! Congratulations on the weaving; it's beautiful and cheerful and the fabric is wanting to be stroked through the computer screen. Very nice!

Carol said...

Oooh! Very nice. And it is also a very Christmassy colour.

Sel and Poivre said...

That woven fabric is gorgous!