Wednesday, July 02, 2008

a day late, but...

Canada Day Graphics
a very happy Nation's birthday to all! Canada Day was yesterday (July 1st), and our company gave us the Monday off instead, so while I had a long weekend, I spent the holiday working. (and working hard! Everyone who was away decided to dump stuff on my desk - all with very short deadlines.) Oh well, stuff got done.
I was feeling patriotic and had made a salad for lunch, with lovely red tomatoes and white bocconcino cheese,or "cheese boobs" as they are known in my family. (Really - what would you call them? And you can't even see the nipple part on these...) I also had the Maple vinaigrette to go over it, and ended up having to pass the recipe to 4 more people after they snagged a taste.
Since the company I work for also makes temporary tattoos, we also felt the need for some patriotic body art. Pretty much everyone had something like this going on yesterday.
My boys (both large and small) were off, and spent the day at the driving range and playing mini golf. What they didn't do is the laundry I had left for them, and dinner. But it's hard to fault them - my husband works some long hours, so for them to have a day to themselves, without me, is pretty rare. So I let them enjoy it. We then enjoyed the Town Fireworks display last night.

But someone still has to do the laundry...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a big family reunion picnic this Sunday. I'm thinking tomato/cheese boob salad with the vinaigrette could be a good food addition!

Anonymous said...

We have a big family reunion picnic this Sunday. I'm thinking tomato/cheese boob salad with the vinaigrette could be a good food addition!

Carol said...

Don't do the laundry, make them do it! So long as you don't mind all the whites turning pink....

Sel and Poivre said...

Cheese boobs - I love it!(and I'm going to use it from now on!)