Wednesday, March 12, 2008

somebody, stop me!

Okay. I like crafts. Always have. Probably always will. I have an art background (even though I work in the statistical analysis field...) and I have always loved to create. You name it, I've probably done it, or have thought about doing it.

Now, I'm in a situation with the new job. I work for a company that supplies a type of crafting supply. (No, not yarn... that's in my alternate dream life...) and I'm seriously considering taking up a new craft. It would be a huge time suck, and potentially money sucking as well. There's some REALLY nice things that I could do...

I don't need another thing to do. More stuff to take up space in my somewhat small house. A small house that's already being overrun by yarn, fly fishing stuff and toys. (I do have to give the boys SOME space...) My time is already stretched pretty thin. Do I want to take knitting time away? No. Can I afford less sleep? No.

Will I do this?

Oh, probably. I have no will power, we have a company store, I get a great discount, and well, I've already bought stuff. I'm so weak...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is not weakness. It is a sign of immense creativity and your brain thrives on the diversity. By indulging in one, it makes all the other crafts look good, too. Take a break from one, enjoy another and delight in the freedom from going from one to another.

I'm such an enabler.

Anonymous said...

Indulge yourself!

Carol said...

Oh nooooo...guess you'll just have to buy a bigger house! :)

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh my goodness! Well, you need a break from all the beige for a while, I guess. ;-)

katrynka said...

Now, I am dying to know what new craft you have taken up!

I am similar to you in that I can be enticed to many crafts! I avoided stamping.. making cards for quite some time. But then I succumbed in a BIG way! Oh well, I do enjoy it!

Saren Johnson said...

New hobbies are great. Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

So many knitters talk about running out of space with their stash. Maybe we should rent a storage unit communally and share that space--in nice weather you could leave the large doors open and have a knitting group there, and have days when you do a yarn exchange. Then we could keep more stash without crowding out other family members. One craft benefits another--artistic ventures in one area stimulate creativity in another. So go for it. And show us what you've done.
Marlyce in Windsor, Ontario

Cindy G said...

Company store with discount? Say no more.