Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Putting it out there...

Okay, I'm definitely going to run out of the Icelandic singles for Hyrna Herborgar. I do have options...

Option 1 - PLEA FOR HELP! Does anyone have any of this yarn? I bought it at Needles and Knits in Aurora about 18 months ago. Tove had some that she brought in from Iceland, and a bunch of people bought it the night Stephanie was in Aurora for her first talk (the ridiculously hot night when she spoke upstairs at the shop). I think Stephanie may even have bought some... Anyways, if anyone has some that I could buy, I'd be eternally grateful. I'd even trade for other yarn, if that suits - just leave me a comment if you can help.

Option 2 - bind off now. Not the greatest option - the fan pattern at the bottom comes to a logical end - if I bind off now, it will just look like I cut it off.

Option 3 - rip back a bit, and reduce some depth, thereby allowing enough for the fan pattern to finish up. If worse comes to worse, I can do this, but I don't really want to - the numbers get a little screwy, the depth is lost, and this yarn is a b*tch to rip - it's very sticky.

Can anyone help a frustrated knitter, here?

And to completely change the tone...

Happy Easter All! We are headed up to the cottage tomorrow night, right after I spend the day with my boy and his class learning all about how to make maple syrup. I love going on field trips! The cottage should be great - it's just us three (possibly a couple of others) and the neighbours are coming for turkey. I should have lots of time to spend on my knitting (I HAD planned on finishing the shawl, but it looks like the hoodie will see some major action), and we will just enjoy three days of heaven.

6 comments:

Needles said...

Oh dear. If I had some it would be yours. Here's hoping.

Anonymous said...

I vote on Option 3. At least you'll have a finished-looking shawl you can still use, as opposed to one that you'll forever wince at, hating how it looks cut off. Sacrifice depth for visual.

And here's to cottage time. Gonna be cold and sunny!

Carol said...

Have you tried posting a plea in Ravelry?

Anonymous said...

Stephanie is still recovering from her adventurous walk yesterday, I think. You could use this as an excuse to stop by the wool shoppe in Port Perry.......
Enjoy the weekend up north.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing if you bind off after going as far as possible, nobody's going to know but you that it wasn't exactly how you planned, and after awhile it won't bug you either. At least, judging by my experience in such things.

Saren Johnson said...

Option 4: Find a contrasting color and use it.