Thursday, March 13, 2008

no help...

Well. You guys are no help. I look for help in curbing my need to start something new, and all you guys do is encourage me!

So, scrapbooking it may be. Now, I don't plan on being a complete scrapbooker - I don't feel the need to document everything that happens in our lives, but I would like to celebrate some of the milestones with some special pages. Whether I toss them all in a book (we have some on sale in our store, plus I get a discount on top of that...) or I frame a couple of the good ones (my son battling Darth Vader, for example), and use them in our family gallery (upstairs, away from public view), is yet to be determined.

But really, when I have catalogues of this stuff on my desk, access to the great papers and stickers and all the other stuff, it's really hard to resist. (especially since I have absolutely no will power, and I get a discount.)

First up will probably be some basketball pages. I'm thinking of doing up some for the coaches - showing the kids all year. And maybe one for each kid on the team as a keepsake - one of the other moms takes lots of pictures at games, so we're going to work together on this project.

I'm really looking forward to doing it.

I'm hooked, aren't I?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're already hooked and you haven't made any yet. That's a big sign. If I had those catalogues sitting on my desk, with moments to flip through them and calculate my discounts, I'd be hooked too. Believe me, walking through Michaels is tempting enough,looking at the multiple aisles of stuff. I think about how fun it would be to flip through old scrapbooks today, if my mom had been into making them when we were kids. I think they'll be a hit.

Anonymous said...

Definitely hooked, if you're thinking of doing one for each kid on the team?!! I spent years doing framed cross-stitch, elaborate pictures, and ended up giving them ALL away. Do one for your son first. Trust me.

Needles said...

Don't get me started on my avoidance of scrap booking. I walk through Micheals, and it kills me. But not for scrapbooking. So many of the things for scrappbooking are the perfect size for adding to miniatures.

Scrapbooking would be wonderful for keeping track of past knitting projects. A sip of yarn, a little of this, a picture... see you are not just taking on a new craft, you are adding to your knitting along the way too.

Counting hours. Tommorrow minutes, and by lunch seconds. I survived but that is about it.

Philosophical Karen said...

Wow, working for a company that makes scrapbooking supplies, it would be really difficult to stay away from that stuff. Seems like a good idea to make something for your own family first before doing all those pages for other people.

katrynka said...

Sorry to be an enabler!! But I love scrapbooking too! I do not go crazy with the page designs, but it is nice to add some pretty papers and stickers and such.