Wednesday, March 05, 2008

enough, already!

I know this goes against the Canadian Code, but really, enough of winter already! It's March, we should be seeing signs of spring, and yet I had to drive to work in another bloody snowstorm! I'm done with it, OK? And yes, I know we are supposed to get another dump of snow on Friday night. But at least I don't have to drive in it then. And even the driving in it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the idiots who think they are better drivers than everyone else, and should therefore be able to dictate the rules of the road. Sorry, just because you drive an SUV, does not give yo the right to drive on the shoulder of the 404 in order to get three car lengths ahead. I wished he had ended up in the ditch. Oh, and the black Lexus on Woodbine? Slamming on your brakes for no apparent reason? Bad idea when the roads are slippery. I didn't bang into your backside, but I'm sure the red Corolla that did was not impressed with you. At least he sure didn't look impressed when I saw him jump out of his car and run towards you. I'm kind of glad I was able to leave that scene behind.
I'm glad I grocery shopped last night. Tonight, I plan on making a meaty spaghetti sauce for dinner (and lunch tomorrow!), and hunkering down inside the house. Just me, my boys and my knitting - the Hyrna Herborgar shawl is coming along nicely, and I would dearly love to get to the next lace pattern soon. This one is starting to get boring...
(Here's where I would enter a picture. I'm really sorry about my lack of pictures lately - I will get on that. I promise pictures tomorrow... really.)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Yeah, no traction with 4 wheel drive is still no traction. Makes you wonder how these people survived into adulthood.

Philosophical Karen said...

I am so with you. I grocery shopped on Tuesday too (thank goodness!) and I have spent the evening hunkered down with my boys. Oh, and yes, I am SICK OF WINTER too!