Monday, December 17, 2007

Yikes!

This was my deck this morning. (I'm not sure what that small hill in front is. Must check with the neighbours to see if anyone is missing a kid...)

We spent much of Sunday shoveling out, only to have to repeat every few hours. At least Hubby got the snowblower working, so it made for a much easier ordeal. Of course, we waited and waited for the snow plow to come, and of course, it hadn't by midnight. So, there was the mountain at the base of the driveway this morning that needed to be cleared. That's way more work than I want to do first thing in the morning...

After the shoveling part, we got our tree up, I baked and I knit. My kind of day. I finished up my nephew's legwarmers, the last (I hope!) of the handwarmers, and have almost finished my son's socks. This week should be pretty calm - 1 last gift to get that I had forgotten about (or blocked out - it's a generic gift for Hubby's family get-together, and I don't really want to go. But that's another story...) Knitting, once I finish the socks for my son, will be for me. I've got my Selbuvotter book (and the errata from the website - thanks, Lucky!) and I plan on some mitts for me.
We also got the perfect (I think) gift for the inlaws - a digital picture frame. They have been complaining about the lack of pictures since we all went digital. Now they can get them all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a bunch of marshmallows sitting in your chairs.

This weather makes me want to knit mitts, mitts, mitts!

deirdre said...

Apart from the shovelling, it really was a nice, knitting, baking sort of day, wasn't it?

I am giggling about the misplaced kid on your deck...

TracyKM said...

Other than having a snowblower, we had pretty much the same kind of day! Although we did have to drive home in the storm Sat night!
Knit on!

Carol said...

You have a snowblower???! I am sooo jealous. We had to clear it all by hand. Well, except for the part that the neighbour snowblowed out for us. (I think he took pity on us...)

Needles said...

You know what we prairie people say about snow in Toronto? Ok, I won't go there. I won't even make fun of it.

Last winter during a blizzard in Saskatoon, dealers got out the snowmobiles to get medical people to and from work. Hopefully someone did that out there.

Stay warm, stay dry.