Wednesday, December 05, 2007

a caution I take to heart...

We spent the first half of last week at Disney, then went to my Mom's for some recovery time. Hubby and I relaxed, read, swam, and I shopped and knit. Young Son was appropriated by his Nanny (my Mom) to be shown off around her park. (She has a house in a senior's park - they're all prefab homes). He swam in the pool, rode a "giant tricycle" (they all seem to ride these big three wheeled bikes down there), and discovered that when they post signs near the pond, they really mean it:

(that's as close as I was getting...)

I also did some knitting. I finished one sock for my son in the airport and on the plane flying down, and got half of the second one done on the way back. I didn't have as much time on the way back to knit as I was helping Son with his homework that had been basically ignored all week! I also got some handwarmers done, but realy, for a week off, knitting time was sorely lacking.

I'm starting to surface again - I've dug my way out of most of the paper at work, Son has been to swimming lessons and basketball practice, I've been to a Guild meeting, Hubby has been to poker... Now I have time to get some groceries in the house and face the Mount Everest of laundry. Oh Joy. I've also started to realize that we are in December - I'm not sure how that snuck up on me - and now I have to face the fact that I am woefully behind. I need some time to shop for a few things, knit a few things, wrap a few things... I won't even get into the family issues that are arising right now - I've already made my stance pretty clear within the family, and I'm not going to take the crap that is potentially going to be dished out. Not going to happen. I don't have time for drama. I think I need a Lene...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where this thing called December came from either!

As for Mr. Reindeer, a good chunk is done. And can you say, duplicate stitch? Doggy/catsitting this weekend, so am hoping for some more progress. Black sox almost done too, embroidery soon.

Anonymous said...

I think we ALL need a Lene. A whole new career could be in her future!

Cindy G said...

Yikes! That's some (non)swimming hole.

Saren Johnson said...

You did't want to wrangle that 'gator? :)

Sounds like you had a good trip, even if you didn't realize the month.

Carol said...

urgh! no swimming with alligators! Check. As for "lene", I think they are called personal assistants!