Friday, December 14, 2007

another quick knit

I loves me the quick knits at this time of year. Another pair of handwarmers, this time using Sarek** yarn form Marks and Kattens - 100% wool, colourway is Party. This is a new yarn to me and to Needles and Knits, where I bought it. 50 yards per ball, 2 balls are the perfect amount for a pair of hand warmers. I just left a hole for the thumb on these, but I could have made a thumb gusset if I wanted to. It's an interesting wool - 2 ply, fairly loosely plied - 1 ply is solid dark greyish brown, the other has a longish colour change. This particular one ranges from navy through green, pink and some purple. Sounds funny, but is really pretty. Tove has other colourways, and I may just be picking some up when I go there this weekend to pick up my Selbuvotter book. The timing of this book is perfect. Had it arrived earlier, I would have been distracted away from my gift knitting. This way, I'm almost done gift knitting,s o I can concentrate on some Selbu mitts for ME! The weekend is upon us, and I hope to make my last shopping trip tomorrow. (other than the last minute lottery ticket run on the 24th.) This weekend also starts the "we don't have a night off between now and Christmas" rush. Between dinners with friends, baking and wrapping, we're busy. Correction - I'm busy. Husband sits back and watches! At least my Son has decided to do the wrapping this year. As an obsessive ribbon-tying, paper folding, perfect wrap chosen type of person, it has been difficult for me to let go. But the pride he takes in his wrapped creations more than makes up for it. And it leaves me more time to knit.
** quick! What's the Star Trek reference that immediately comes to mind??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Resistance is futile! Just stock up on the tape......

Needles said...

Live Long and Prosper.

I'd hate you that you are done your shopping except that I will be doing all of mine in one trip at Safeway. Where the Visa gift cards are. I have to pick up some photo frames, and I'm doing that tonite before I go home.

Unknown said...

Spock's father - Live long & prosper you green-blooded, unfeeling Vulcan!!

Anonymous said...

How come I immediately thought of tribbles??? (must be something to do with "fuzzy" memories of young kids, ribbon, bows, wrapping paper, tape...

Nancy

Carol said...

Nice colours on the armwarmer!

You are a braaaaave woman. going shopping on saturday? I try not to leave the house on the weekends this close to Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...a most intriguing new yarn! Watch for the errata for the Selbuvotter on the book's web site.