Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bulky weight yarn has its advantages...

I never seem to quit when it comes to Christmas. I do up a list of things to make and get, and when I get close to being finished, I always think that there should be more. My brother's kids are a perfect example. They pretty much want gift cards. I appreciate the honesty, but I can't just do the envelope. (And trust me, it's not just an envelope - I have a wee obsession with gift wrapping.) The card will be in a box with rocks or jingle bells or something to throw them off. Crazy? Obsessive? Who, me? Anyway, I wanted more, but I'm running out of available time. I stop by Needles and Knits for inspiration. Enter Bulky Weight Misti Alpaca. I wish computers had feel-o-vision - this stuff is decadent. Squooshy and soft and wonderful. And the perfect colours for two nephews who play hockey in the Marlies organization. These were done during the TSN Curling Skins game on Sunday, and the second pair is now complete as well.
I also have this bulky weight in a beautiful blue-green handpainted version, and since they take so little time, I may just make two more pairs for some co-workers that I really like.
yummy, yes? Look at it up close...


There is a time in my frenetic life for bulky yarn and big needles. And that time is mid to late December...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Feel-o-vision! for someone who buys all of her yarn online (with frequent disappointments as to texture)...I hope Bill Gates is reading your blog :)
No anonymous, Bev in TN